It is the goal of Prescott Unified School District #1 and the Prescott High School Athletic Department to provide well maintained and run sporting facilities on the campus of Prescott High School for our students, staff, and citizens of Prescott as well as all others who wish to use them. It is the intention of this policy to facilitate that goal.
This policy covers the use of Bill Shepard Field and McIntyre Community Track
- School Use: August-May (Use During School Year)
During the school year, school day, or any school sponsored event, Prescott High School Athletic Facilities are closed to the public, unless previously scheduled and approved by the Athletic Director and the District Rental Coordinator.
This includes all school sponsored practices and games/meets/tournaments.
- Availability for Community Use
The track and field at Prescott High School are only available outside of the school day from sunrise to sunset. The school day will commence at 8 am and end at 3 pm. Please refrain from using the track or field during these hours or during any school sponsored event, practice, or game.
- Track and Field Guidelines
- No alcohol, smoking, vaping, or tobacco products are permitted on or around the track or field.
- No food, chewing gum, or sunflower seeds are permitted on or around the track or field.
- No colored sports drinks such as Gatorade, Powerade or Energy Drinks on or around the track or field. WATER ONLY
- No glass bottles are allowed inside the track or field area.
- No heaters, fireworks or open flames are permitted on or around the track or field.
- Track surface will allow for a track shoe with a maximum of 3/16 inch spike
- Turf shoes or molded cleats are suitable for the field.
- No metal cleats may be worn on either surface.
- No golfing, shot putting, javelin or discus throwing permitted on or around the track or field surface.
- Appropriate litter and recycling receptacles must be used at all times.
- No vehicles are allowed on the track.
- No stakes or spikes are allowed for corner flags, tents, popups or signage on the field.
- Teams must enter the field using the cross over mats placed over the top of the track.
- In the interest of safety, spectators are not allowed on the track or field.
- Please do not dump ice or beverage containers/coolers on the track or field surfaces.
- No storage of any materials or equipment is permitted on or around the track or field surface.
- No bicycles, roller blades, scooters, skateboards, strollers are permitted on the track or field surface.
- No chairs other than those supplied by the school district are permitted on the track or field.
- No animals of any kind are permitted on the track or field surface or on any school district property.
- Restrooms will not be available to the public during open community use.
- Video surveillance cameras are in use.
- When inclement weather or maintenance closes the track or field, there may be no activity on that track or field.
- Walkers/runners are encouraged to alternate their use of lanes and use outside lanes while working out.
Please help PUSD and Prescott High School keep our facilities clean and safe. If you see any school, community member or visitor abusing the rules or witness vandalism, please contact the Athletic Department at Prescott High School at 928-445-2322.